Friday, April 13, 2007

Darwin and Tiwi Islands Trip

One of the reasons i searched for - and quickly accepted - a job in the Outback was that I knew I needed to stay in Oz for a while and make some money, but I needed to do that in a way that meant I could trick myself into still feeling like a traveller. So far Alice is working for me in that way - lots of weekend trips to the desert attractions, walks through rivers, and two weeks ago, a 4 day trip tp Darwin for 'work' and, mainly, social engagements! My boss and I flew up on the Saturday afternoon, and went out with her mates that night. The next day we were very lucky to get to go up to the Tiwi Islands, BATHURST Island in particular, for the annual Tiwi Islands Art Sale and AFL Grand Final! The Art sale was overwhelming - i bought some amazing fabrics but no actual art because I didn;t know what i was looking at, plus it was over 40 degrees in the tin shed and we were rushed. The footy match, on the other hand, was rough as they come!

Photos from the plane trip from the desert to the sea:



The computer is not enjoying this exercise, so I'll leave it at this for a while

2 comments:

Belly said...

Beautiful photos Sar...

Anonymous said...

thanks belly!