Sunday, April 16, 2006


"Back in the Himalayas! Don't know how lucky you are, girl!"

Yes I am out of stupidly hot Rajastan and into beautiful, cool, clean, un-Indian Dharmsala (the main Tibetan community in exile). And I just heard word that His Holiness the Dalai Lama got into town yesterday which is exciting (Loz, anything you want me to pass on?).

The people are laid back, the air is clean, the hotel is so cute and the food isn't curry! wooohooo!

I'm staying here til i leave India at the beginning of May so I have spread alll my clothes across my room, put my toiletries in the bathroom, done some washing and set up shop. Tomorrow I'll sort out some volunteer work and start some yoga, then I am busy doing Tibetan cooking courses, reading, sleeping, eating, exploring, shopping and maybe even horseriding. Apparently you can even ski near here (Tim, still waiting for the link!).

Aaaaaaaaah

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey sickling!
Sounds like you are living it up and struggling through the hard life of being a backpack! I am very proub of you!!!
All your blogs look amazing! and sarah i am going to committ the next time you go to india no matter where in the world i am i am going to come with you!!!!
cant wait to steal your clothes in Ireland! 15th of June here we come!!!!

They call me 'Bohemoth'. said...

NOW you say you'll come!!!!! aaaaagh. no that is excellent.

by the way i am NOT a backpack.

i keep meeting poms - i am so excited about the uk and ireland!