Sunday, April 16, 2006



Ganguar Festival

This photo looked better small.

I mucked up my ticket out of Jaisalmer so accidentally stayed a few extra days, which meant i got to see the amazing Ganguar Festival. This is a women's festival so all the locals get all dolled up in their best saris and a huge rainbow procession goes from the massive fort down to the lake.

The Maharaja, who we know from previous posts to have been in town, led the procession on his dolled up horse. He was dressed in his best Maharaja get-up, and cheered like nothing else, so
I was now sure that the dude from the party was in fact the Maharaja and not just some guy with a good mo.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a great photo Sarah. I also love the hennaed hands.And the wonderful view of the Himalayas.

They call me 'Bohemoth'. said...

thanks mum.

all compliments must go to the Canon Ixus though, really!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah You are in such an amazing spot.It sounds like you have had a bit of a bad run with bad tum but I hope all goes well from here on.Enjoy the Tibetian spirituality.X Mim