
Home Sweet Home
This is our seemingly half built abode of the last few weeks. It's actually really cool, on the inside, and has a little kitchen and a nice porch and little garden and a baby cow and -as of yesterday morning when they found a very pregnant goat in the woods and brought it home - two baby goats!
My new right arm, Paul (Eric), and I have morphed into a couple of retirees here. We are exhausted by having to choose three different places to eat each day, and if you add to that the strain of making our own cups of tea in out kitchen you will get a bit of an idea of how hard life is for us right now.
Actually Paul is sickly, and I am not 100%, there are lots of hills around here, so we do get very tired. But I have been keeping busy!
My Day:
8-9am:
Wake up. Take a few minutes to decide whether to heat up water for a shower, then have tea, or have tea, then heat up water for a shower. Usually have tea whilst simultaneously heating up water for a shower.
10am:
Walk into town and meet with Kalsang, a nun who is learning English. Her English is excellent already, so we have tea in her room and read different books and just chat. She's really sweet and lots of fun.
11am-4pm:
I do 'stuff' for a few hours (eat, write, read, rate different toilets in town, explore)
4pm:
Go to a volunteer organisation called LHA and teach Conversational English for an hour. This class is great fun - I sit down with a group of 10 or so young Tibetans, monks and nuns and we talk about anything and everything, from "what is your favourite colour?" to "what is the meaning of life?". The same people tend to come back to the same class so I'm making some awesome friends. I'll add some photos of them soon.
5pm: see a movie or get food or have chai with the monks or head home. Except today I am taking a third English class with a 10 or 12 year old Tibetan girl who has a test coming up. Very cute.
9pm: listen to music, read, have silly conversations and go to bed.
3 comments:
JEALOUS!!!!
i am jealous! That sounds like a bloody great day!
Me and chris are sitting in our hostel foyer at 330 in the morning drunken after the pub kicked us out! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh we leave for london tomorrow!!! CRAZY!
love you girlfriend take care
super jealous!
Me and mon are now sitting in a internet cafe hungover waiting for our flight to London! CRAZY, cant believe it sarah im actually going to London! wow!
We are goıng to buy cheap earrings for my sister now as my blog isnt working dammit. I hope she doesnt read your blog. Not because its a bad blog, but it will ruin the suprise and i believe i used the word `cheap´ earlier in this piece which is never good.
Miss you muchly, i heart you.
hahahahaha aww can't wait to do the secret handshake and the love dance mwah mwah to you both
i expect you to be on the runway to welcome me on the 27th!
Post a Comment