
Mon and I ferried over to Inis Mor for a day of BMX Banditry. Anthea doesn´t ride bikes so she wasn´t allowed to come. Anyway, Inis Mor is this stark, barren and just stunning frontier island where everyone still speaks Gaelic as their everyday language. Despite having gone on a Saturday with hundreds of other tourists, we managed to ride around and hardly see anyone else all day. A great day out. We nearly died a few times, especially when Mon led us through sand at a million miles an hour, and when we took action shots of each other whilst riding. Then there was the time we met a truck so loaded with hay we had to hug the walls as it went past.
The best country wee I´ve done all trip was on top of this hill on the island, looking out over the old stone walls at the rough rough ocean. Luckily Mon was on hand with my camera to capture the moment as I climbed back over the wall.
Mon Knoblanche - Unsucessful Horse Whisperer.
No caption needed.
After a long day riding we made it back to the town and went to this tiny pub for some food and hard-earnt cider. I ordered a veggie burger that was such a good imitation of beef that even monique and this drunk old man next to us were adament it was. I took it back three times but apparently it was veggo. Imitation meat: the stupidest invention ever?

The ferry ride back was way too much fun. We had some more cider. Then I went to the loo as everyone was disembarking and the ferry engine was turned off and i was plunged into darkness. hahaha i coudlnt see a thing and i was mid wee. and there was a line of people right outside the door to hear my giggles and squeals. Mon helpfully offered to open the door to let some light in.
Then as we continued towards the door we stopped outside another little door, which opened. So Mon shut it. Then it opened again. She shut it again. Then it opened again and the captain came out, confused.
Ahahaha what a hilarious day.
1 comment:
hahahaha I sound so dumb! That poor captain.
Post a Comment