LEAVING THE LEPRECHAUNS
We leave Dublin for good next Saturday. Ant leaves tomorrow. Before I start the hellish pack up i thought i'd do a quick summary of our time here.
HIGHLIGHTS
Living with Mon and Ant in a place called Cow's Lane
Sharing the bed, flooding the bathroom, having vomit come in our window from the flat upstairs, next top model, razorlight and the kooks of a morning...oh i will miss it all!
Making new friends
Irish, Aussie, Brazillian, whatev! Our age, middle aged, whatev!
Bulmers
Responsible for a LOT.
Electric Picnic
No words can really describe the Best Festival In The History Of The Universe
Ryan Air
cheap short flights to the continent! With added bonus double landing! And they never leave on time which is lucky for us.
Whelans
Home.
Digestives
Is there a more perfect food?
Dancing in our living room window
'Every time you close your eyes Aaaaah Aaaaah'
Penneys
Must have spent a small fortune by now on so much good crap
Roadtrips to the west
Beautiful!! Castles everywhere, famine ruins, greenness, friendly types, amazing amazing countryside.
Cute, nice Irish boys
They do exist...
Gruel
Gruelly Gruelly Goodness! Best Cafe In The World.
Gigs
Tho we only ever see Aussie bands.
Work
Strange i know. But it's been heaps of fun and I've met loads of peeps. Yes I did just say peeps.
Gaelic
Hehe it just sounds so cool, and looks so ridiculous. Their prime minister, for example, is called the Taoseach. This is pronounced 'Toe-Sock'.
Irish slang
Everything is GRAND. THANKS A MIL. GOOD LOOK. DEADLY. BYEBYEB-B-BYE-B-BYEBYEBYE.
I will continue to use these words.
Present History
A few blocks from us there is a billboard advertising that October 31st is the end of the IRA weapons amnesty. Crazy! They have so mcuh history but at the same time it is all still happening.
LOWLIGHTS
Housemates other than M and A.
'Someone' seriously needs to get an operation to remove whatever it is that is stuck up there. And learn that the smell of Asian food is not going to kill you. And buy some fekkin toilet paper!!!!
Ryan Air
Murders, arson, stabbings and crime in general
Seriously, for such a small country with so few people (4 mil), Ireland has WAAAY too many horrifically violent crimes.
Pisspoo alley and the vomit on the streets
Knacker 15 year old boys
who try to pash you on the street, and cute irish boys who turn out to be utterly insane
the weather
My friend at work told me that november is the start of 'suicide season'. I am starting to see why.
A retarded boss
Ah they are everywhere
So, I will be really really sad to leave Ireland and to say bye to my mates here. But it is time for the next adventure!! The UK for my b'day, then Germany and perhaps Poland and Czech Republic, before i freeze ifor a coupla weeks in Toronto and then ... HOME!
Then what?????????
Sunday, October 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
I AM A HIGHLIGHT WHOA!
I thought that I might hit the lowlights with my farting and putting the covers over your head!!!Hehehe.
I have never had 2 people that finish my sentence so perfectly as you and Ant!
BIG LOVE TO IRELAND AND TO YOU 2 GIRLS!
PS You know that whenever you don't know what to do! There is always coming and hanging with me where ever I might be.
i know. don't worry, the nana will live on!!!!!! it is going to be an international organisation for a while but as long as we always embrace it, and use it in witty t shirt slogans, we'll never be alone again SO COME ON!!
ps the streets are dirty too
Miss you already :( WAHHHHHHHHHHH What will I do without my girlies!?
Oh why don't we all have a moment on Sarah's blog.... but then again talking about how great we are is one of our favourite topics! hehehe
SEEYOUBYE IRELAND!
Herro The rest of the world!
YAY!
pen i will def hang around for THE WEDDING
and clem hello! everyone tells me this hostel 99! i think i have to check it out!
my bday is octobver 31st. halloween. THATS NEXT TUESDAY EVERYONE. PAY ATTENTION!!!!
Happy Birthday!
-Jeremy
thanks jmaxx!
POST A BLOG!
NOW
UPDATE YOUR BLOOOOOOOOOG!!!!
Yes BLOG!!!
sorry.
will tomorrow.
Post a Comment