
(beating the papparazzi at their own game)
First up, we hit the Hyde Park barracks. SUCH a good venue, albeit fleeting and now, with the Sydney festival all finished and stuff, GO-ne. Anyways. We were there around midnight so it was FREE. WE walked in, got drinks, Claire and Monica saw numerous people they knew, then KYLIE spotted this handsome young man, who of course had gone to CSU. we knew him then as 'red shirt boy', but he wasn't wearing a red shirt.
He was standing next to this girl, and we thought maybe they were together, but Kylie, being drunk and counting down the hours she had left in the country (about ten at that point), started chatting him up anyway. She tells him she recognises him from CSU. The girl turns around and says 'I recognise YOU, you're Sarah's friend!'. Kylie matter of factly states that I am a mere metre away (though facing the other direction, mid-drunken-rant to Tim), and the girl turns, stands behind me a squeals until i notice, turn around, and squeal also as it is CARLA WEBB my good good mate from Sydney uni 2001!!!! what a fekkin small world.But no, Kylie did not pash red shirt boy.
Next we walked through Hyde Park and Kylie posed with this tree. Not sure why. It's not even a gum tree or anything occer. Anyone remember?
And then there were three! Little Shane, Koyles and I ended the night in style at a forgettable inner city pub (I really have no idea which one it was). Not sure who farted just before this pic. Note Kylie's uber-stylish, ironic tee.
Then we split. Said our goodbyes. For once I wasn't a blubbering mess. Must be getting used to it or something.
Then I walked over the bridge and made it home just as the sun started to rise.
No comments:
Post a Comment