Wednesday, January 31, 2007

BIG DAY and NIGHT OUT !!!

(aka Woooooooot woooo!)



(Best group photo in the history of the universe)

I wasn't going to go to BDO this year. But a week before the big day, the lovely Jnana called and offered me free tickets!!! yehaaah! Turns out her hubby, Davide, accupunctures one of the organisers, who gave him a double pass, but for some reason J&D didn't wanna go. So I kindly took the tix off their hands.

After a frustrating couple of hours on Sydney's mediocre excuse for public transport, I arrived in time for the last 3 songs by Lily Allen. She's fun.

Then I ran into Chad, then I ran into Nick Ralston, and finally I found Anthea and Alex. Wooo!

Tim turned up right in the middle of the KILLERS' set! Double wooooo! The Killers rocked. Well, actually, their sound was pretty lost and the singer's voice is just a bit lame in the context of the stadium, but judging by the video I took of us going mental during Mr Brightside, they must have done something right! I'll post it on youtube as soon as i figure out how to do that.

After that we went to see Hot Chip, and by then we were pretty drunk so we stayed at the Boiler Room, the hot House and the Lilyworld Stage. Yes that's right we missed Tool, Muse and whatever the other big bands were. We missed Something for Kate, The Streets (clashed with Hot Chip!!), Peaches, You Am I (seen them too many times in the last year!), Dan Kelly, the Drones, Angus and Julia Stone...Oh now I feel foolish.

We did manage to see The Vines, Kasabian, a bit of JBT, tzu, Hot Chip, Presets, Lupe Fiasco, Justice, Shapeshifter and other bands whose names we don't know.

Drinking and dancing, dancing and drinking, what an awesome day!!!!!!! Thanks Jnana and Davide!

This is how close we got to The Killers. Can you believe it? I fully saw his sleeve at LEAST twice!!!

Then we got REALLY close. That line in the middle of the photo is actually a strand of my hair. Oh Brandon, just cos My Chemical Romance are on the bill doesn't mean you have to go all emo. Honestly. It's ok honey.

In an unexpected and unprecedented move, the Federal Government stole David Hicks away from his new owners in Guantanamo Bay and let him watch some bands. All in the name of PATRIOTISM a hoy hoy!!!

Highlights of the day:

  • HOT CHIP!! oh how good are these guys!!? fekkin brilliant. Revenge of the super nerds. Dancing to 'Over and Over' with Tim, right up the front, while some renegades on the bridge overhead soaked us with the fire hose. HOTTTT.

Who super-imposed the bogan into my Hot Chip pic?

  • TZU - could their music be any more relevant?!?! Oh the delicious irony was free flowing when, during their song 'Horse You Rode In On', a few idiots ran up onto the bridge above the crowd, flashed their tits, arses and dicks, and waved their flags. The crowd cheered - for the band. The knobs, oblivious to the lyrics, thought we were cheering for them so kept going.
    'What was that verse again Joelistics from TZU?' 'Sarah, it goes like this: 'I'M PROUD I'M AUSTRALIAN, WHATEVER THAT MEANS/PROBABLY BAD DREAMS IF YOU'RE A REFUGEE/I LOVE THIS SUNBURNT COUNTRY, I LOVE IT A LOT/IT'S JUST A PITY ABOUT ALL THE REDNECK FUCKS!''. 'Oh yeh, that's it.'

  • watching an inflated condom get bounced around above the crowd just before Hot Chip...and seeing it land on this oblivious dude's head, then realising the dude was Michael Turtle. Aw Herro Turtle!

Good Old Lilyworld.

  • The Lilyworld stage! Tim and I spent quite a bit of time here. Either in front of it, watching girls burlesque dancing or male strippers (the latter seemed impromptue, but why would 4 topless Chippendales be hanging around the Lilyworld stage?), or ON it, dancing our wittle hearts out.
  • Finding yesterday's Curly Wurly in my bag and devouring it with Tim at sunset, with hot topless boys everywhere.

  • Finding secret unpopular bars and sneaking to the front of the shorter queues.
  • My vege burger at the end of the night.

Lowlights:

  • The dicks who can't tell the difference between 'patriotism' and 'arrogant nationalism', and are incapable of thinking for themselves!
  • Too many good bands set too far apart for our little legs to run to and from.
  • The lines at the bars, and only being allowed 2 drinks at a time.
  • Tim eating a dagwood dog, then a cheese on a stick.

  • Not having a penis, and thus not being able to piss against any wall at any time.
  • Not getting let into bars later cos i was wearing thongs. And a straw hat. And lots of dirt and sweat. And alcohol vapour was probably steaming out of me.

Tim and Ant get super excited during...ummm...Lupe Fiasco i think. ?

Alexsan

Khorb Khun Ka for a megabigdayout everyone woooooot!



No comments: