I've been thinking (and emailing) about irrational phobias or fears lately.
I just realised one of my own.
I have an irrational fear of walking in on someone in the office toilet. It's stupid. There is one cubicle, with another door to the rest of the space. When you go in, you turn the light on, and when you enter the cubicle, of course you lock the door.
So, it is fairly obvious whether someone is in there or not - there is either a closed cubicle door and a bright light on, or darkness.
But every time i approach the darkness i realise i slow down, and tentatively walk towards it, half expecting someone to be sitting there on the cubicle, in pitch blackness, with the two doors open.
Why? Wierd.
I just spent four days in Darwin. Will post that later. Am (clearly) actually super busy at work...yet made time to post about the toilet...hmmm. priorities!
Sydney-ites - see you in two days!! WHOOOOPAAAAA!
Wednesday, April 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I have this thing were I will ski over to a really steep part of the mountain and be fine with it and then all of a sudden just start paniking. But in my head I am like you can ski this your a weirdo.
hmm. skiing off mountains is not quite up there with using the office loo though, is it mon. come on.
Can't wait to hear about Darwin. My home town for a while there. Hope you made it to Mindel Beach Markets. Looks like your having fun out there in the red. Did you know Beth is coming join me on board!?
ha. i have to disagree with you there sar. i actually think that fear is quite a rational one. in fact, i can support this with an example: when i worked at officeworks back in '02, i walked into the staff toilet, the sign on the door said vacant, so i pushed open the door to reveal my colleague Arthur sitting there with the Tele. He didn't even flinch. Simply shifted his gaze upward and muttered, "My bad", and carried on his reading.
Actually, I don't know how this story deems the fear any more rational, but meh....
Adriano.
Post a Comment