WEIRD.
In Wednesday's post I had some pictures representing people and places I miss. One was of two monks. The monk on the right is Ngawang, one of the three students I have kept in contact with since leaving Dharamsala, India, over a year ago. I haven't heard from him for months and months, then today this lands in my inbox:
Hi Sarah
how are you doing ? hope everything is going well and now i am in Nepal and may be i am going to Mustang my hometwon after some days because one of our high gutu is going to visit to Mustang so i have to go any way i am so pleased to received your mail but i couldn't reply soon because i was in retreat and after i finished my retreat i had teaching for days and it's just finished today so write me mail and keep in touch for now bye and see you later till then good take care of your mother and i will pray for you to find a good job.
Ngawang
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY. Great to hear from him. I love how every email is one very long sentence. His English has improved so much - he must have found a decent teacher, finally! hehe. I have dreams of heading back to Dharamsala and also Nepal again, to catch up with Ngawang and also Cham Pa and Kalsang (in Dharamsala and Varanassi now, respectively). Also weird that he wrote it now, when the Dalai Lama is in Oz!
NOW I'm in a good mood.
Pity I am not really taking care of my mother (do you need it mum????!). And I feel bad that he is praying for my employment to improve...he's replying to an email I sent when I was back in Sydney - Mum had a broken ankle and I had no job.
Thursday, June 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The Dalai Lama is due to speak at 2pm this afternoon in the Domain (just outside my window). But it is raining and looks to continue. I will try to see him.
mum
Post a Comment