Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Long weekend highs and lows

High: Front page of today's Centralian Advocate announces that a Target store will open in Alice Springs

High: Have a bed! well...a queen mattress on the floor anyway. Certainly a step up from the less-than-single piece of foam from my swag that has been my bed up until now. Yes, that was my bed for nearly 3 months. I like the ascetic lifestyle you know.

High: Chris blogged again. Whitnall that is. Brennan, on the other hand, is a drisgrace. Disowned!!!

Low: was ill on Friday night and hence missed the amazing two-day Larapinta Trail walk that some friends did

High: slept heaps and caught up on all the Monthlys and Age/SMHs I'd neglected. Finally finished reading THIS book:
High: boss leaves in....7 working days
Low: have about a month's work to do in 7 days...and extra tasks just keep getting thrown on top of that pile

High: have some interesting freelance jobs coming up over the next few weeks

High: starting a radio show next week

Low: Suffering sever case of overseas envy, and missing friends, including:
HIGH: I WILL BE IN SYDNEY ROUGHLY THIS TIME IN 4 DAYS!!!
HIGH: TIM (OH AND KENDALL AND THIS 'LIZ' PERSON) WILL BE IN ALICE THIS TIME NEXT WEEK (yes I will still be in Sydney...for 24 hours...but that's beside the point):


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where do all these pix keep emerging from with me and my Danni Minogue shirt tie - circa 1989?

6 more sleeps! Woo!

Anonymous said...

I miss you too!
Oh take us all back to electric picnic.. or to splendour. YEAH!
Cant wait to see you
LOVE MON