


From Hue - the old capital in the central provices - Tristan, Timmeh and I did a tour of the old Demilitarised Zone and assorted battle sites, including Khe Sanh and the hilltribes nearby (pictured), where the people are very very very poor and all the land is still contaminated with Agent Orange.
I followed Tristan (and the rest of the guided group) down this tiny little hole and through the tunnels (i think they are called the Vinh Toc tunnels), which were just amazing. they actually felt really stable and safe. Am unfortunately giving the Cu Chi tunnels a miss (they're the ones near HCMC where you have to crawl on your hands and knees in the dark!) cos i don't really want to be fainting somewhere like that!
1 comment:
Janet and I have discussed at length whether this is in fact Tristan - she thinks it is his hat. I hold that it is him but she seems not so sure.I Have sent her every photo on your and Mon's site with tristan in it.
Love mum
Post a Comment