Tuesday, March 28, 2006



"I don't like cricket.....oh no..."

No, I, I'm really just not that into cricket. Sorry.

I mean it's ok but they play it EVERYWHERE here. In alleyways, on main roads, in fields, gutters, forts...and they show it on every TV in every shop and hotel.

As a result they leerrve the Aussies, and always want to talk about cricket. A conversation I have had a million times goes like this:

"Which country you from?"

"Australia."

"Ahh, beautiful country. Best cricket team!"

"Yeh, it's nice. Yeh, cricket..."

"Ricky Ponting!!"

"Yes....Ricky Ponting..."

After this neither of us really know what to say, so i can generally get away with just walking off. Unless i run into a group of kids playing cricket in which case i usually get invited to play. If i take a picture of them they are also happy.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! so many blogs sar!!

looks amazing and so glad you're making lots of friends - no lonely travelling for you!

how is the food going? haven;t reached the boy's boredom limit with anything indian yet?

miss you heaps and keep posting your photos - inspiring me to start saving again so i can come os at the end of the year (there's been a few large purchases that have interrupted that plan!).... but you can become my travel idol!!

p

Anonymous said...

THIS WEEK ON TRAVEL IDOL:

Who will drink themselves under the table first? Who will leave their counrty without havianas? Who will outwit and outlast a pool competition only to win a crate of Beer Lao? Who will blog most? Least? And who will be voted off their tour?

Find out this week as Sarah, Chris, Mon, Bonnie and Kylie all fight it out to become...

The Trashbag Travel Idol.

Thursdays 3am only on SBS.

Anonymous said...

haha!!! Tim, you crack me up! But you're so spot on!

"ah, hilarity" (phrase of the day)

c

Me! said...

SBS!

awwwwwwww

Cant we get on Sunrise?

Anonymous said...

hey sarah,

Mondo here...

I fly into mombai on 17th May and will be in India for a month.

Will you still be about?

Sounds like your trip is amazing!

Shoot me an email : greg@fretindustries.com
mondoX

They call me 'Bohemoth'. said...

hey mondo! i emailed :)