Friday, May 05, 2006

"One More Night in Bangkok..." (dammit Mon!!!!!!)

Yesterday: Delhi!
Today: Bangkok!
Tomorrow: Athens!

So, back in Bangkok again, for the fifth time in my life and the third time this year. It's beginning to feel like home, and I tell ya after India it feels like the first world!

At 7am yesterday i flew in, fell asleep in the taxi to Khao San Rd, and slept all day in my hotel (oops). I'd had about 4 hours sleep in the last 48 hours (oh my god i thought I quit interp???)

I'd gotten a sleepless 'Sleeper' bus from Dharmsala to Delhi (oh and sat next to a Rabbi who wasn't a Rabbi at all but a very orthodox Chabad Jew. He was genuinely surprised I wasn't Jewish) . Then I'd spent a day in the 45 degree capital - just hanging around -then spent the evening at the airport before flying out at 1am.

So I slept all day yesterday, ate some pad thai and some pineapple, watched CNN and Robocop (a new favourite), and enjoyed the air con at my hotel!

Today I watched more tv (it has been soooo long!), shopped a bit and had numerous showers.

NOW i have checked out and am wasting a few hours before heading to the airport and flying out at half past midnight. Lucky airports are so very entertaining.

uurgh

No comments: