Some notes from the last few days in India, for which there are no accompanying photos.
- my last day in Dharmsala was the hottest yet. I checked out of my GH at midday, had my last lesson with Kalsang at 3 and rushed back to the hotel as a storm was a brewin'. Got back just in time for a huuuuuuge hail storm! seriously massive! I took refuge in the GH family's section of the building since i was homeless, and spent an hour or so with the granny (a definate WHOA NANNA) who didn't speak English but laughed hilariously whenever she got wet. There was ice everywhere and even as i left at 6pm there were mounds of it in the streets.
- Some of my students came to see me off at the bus stop and Kalsang and Jamyung each gave me a white scarf - a Buddhist symbol of thanks/goodluck that they give to friends and family or as offerings at temples. So nice!!
- oh and i electrocuted myself. hahahaha!
- re: above story. each day in dharmsala we heated up a bucket of water for a shower by putting a head rod in it and turning it on. Each day i did this without incident but as Loz and Mon could tell you, me and electrical applicances just don't mix. Especially when water is involved. Anyway on the fateful day i went and tested the water and suddenly the water grabbed my hand and shook my whole arm. I jumped back, shocked, my heart racing, then laughed. Paul came back (from the shops? i dunno) and asked what was wrong. i could hardly stop laughing to tell him to which he replied "THAT IS NOT FUNNY!! STOP LAUGHING!!". hahaha. Turns out i had clearly filled the water past the "DO NOT FILL PAST HERE" marker.
Friday, May 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
FH!
Please don't go electocuting yourself. That's the best advice I can give at the moment.
Email to come - hopefully tonight.
Hope greece is, um, greasy. Or is that greecey?
Seeyoubye!
FH
I agree with Tim. You know electricity and water is fatal!!!!! and I agree also with Paul - I don't think it is funny at all! Glad you survived.
HAHAHAHA I think it IS funny. Central America was riddled with electrically-heated showers...who comes up with these fatal inventions?!!?!?
I'm having microwave flashbacks of aluminium foil catching alight.....
ahhahahahhaha to you all.
ps i am now in greek islands! noice!
Sarah post a new post!!!
You are not allow to use an electrical appliances in our house in Ireland! Mmmh that's going to be interesting.
MISS YOU!
COME SEE ME!
ok mon no worries! let's have FIRE instead!!!!!!
im on my waaaayyy! no rush to finish turkey (have been here about 9 hours so far and it's cool) but cant wait for the 27th. will we go out that night or no? you get back too late maybe.
i will blog again soon but i have a bit too much to say so it is a bit overwhelming.
Post a Comment