
This morning I got up early (true story!!) and went down to the Dalai Lama's temple. I managed to time my trip perfectly as just as I got to the prayer wheels a big group of Tibetans who had been sitting down praying all stood up, starting singing their prayers, passing around handfuls of barley flour and then offered the flour (below).
Atferwards Sopa, the very friendly monk seen above sharing his barley with an elderly woman spinning a prayer wheel, introduced himself to me and we had a good old chin wag. His English was very enthusiastic blend of English, Tibetan, Chinese and giggling. Very funny.

2 comments:
Fh,
I'm so intensely proud of you right now. Your last few posts and emails sound like an amazing part of your journey. You're a gifted writer and a beautiful person.
In saying that, I'm so proud of Mon and Piss and the others for their time at Gallipoli. It was so inspiring to read their posts... made me feel very patriotic!
I'm just more sorry I've been too busy at work to write back to youse all properly. I promise soon!
Keep an eye on trashbags for when angus posts pics from our hilarious weekend!
Love to you all.
Tim x
thanks fh
xxx
Post a Comment