Friday, March 24, 2006



Jaipur
Hehehe these guards spotted the camera in my hand (i'm on the back of a rickshaw) and started dancing for us. We spent 2 days in Jaipur, the "pink city" and 9 pairs of crazy Indian shoes later we left and got a night train to Udaipur, where i am currently.

I officially left the tour yesterday (there was an empty seat with my name on it heading to Delhi in the morning) but I still have a few weeks in India so decided to see a bit more of Rajastan and then my plan is to head north to Amritsar and Shimla and Dharamsala for some chilling out. I managed to get myself a ticket in the exact same carriage as the rest of my new friends so the trip here was pain free and now i am staying in a different hotel (el cheapo) and meeting them tonight. I am easing into the whole "travelling solo" thing this way!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah,
I've finally caught up with your blogsite! Sue just rang to say you are in Udaipur,we loved it there, shopping in the little winding streets going down to the lake. I had a facial & pedicure one day in a cupboard sized salon.Try to go to the roof top restaurant at the Udai Kothi hotel which is in Hanuman ghat I think, its not very expensive the view is fab and its my favorite hotel anywhere. Its in L.P. Love Carol

Me! said...

Sarah your photos are AWESOME!

Mon said...

Man I have my fingers crossed that some of those crazy shoes have my name on it!
Love your work! Definitely think that you are on a spiritual journey there, while me and chris are on a drunken one! hehe
Sending you a big hug and lots of love beautiful!!!

They call me 'Bohemoth'. said...

hi carol! i left udaipur before reading this so i didn't go to that rooftop restaurant but i spent a lot of my time in various other ones. the city was so pretty! now i'm in jodhpur and it is really cool too. more photos soon. fingers crossed i can get a good cheap beauty treatment in jaisalmer, desert stylee!

and mon, chris, thanks! mon did u get my sms i sent it twice but no response. this is what it said:

SPOTLIGHT! I FOUND SHOES! I KNOW WHERE THEY ARE!

i hope they fit :)

Mon said...

Got them and sent back a few messages! Ahhh your phone sucks balls!