Monday, May 21, 2007

An Acer game of Soccer/American Spies

Played my third game of soccer ever this weekend. I play for the thorny devils. I'm usually on the wing in mid field. No I don't really know what that means either. I'm fairly substandard but I get the occasional pass or tackle right.

We are bottom of the table but yesterday we played the best game ever. We still lost. But we got goals three goals! This is excellent, considering we haven't scored a goal before! And despite the fact that the other team got 5, one of which was an own goal (not even by me. By Antoinette, who is now joint second highest goal scorer in the team). We were one person down in the first half cos we have a couple in our team with a one year old and someone had to watch her. so we were pretty proud of ourselves.

The other team were made up entirely of annoying, obnoxious yanks who work at Pine Gap - that's the top secret American base just outside of Alice. You can see it from the plane if you come from the right direction - three massive white domes in the middle of the desert. If you try to drive to it you get turned back by security. It's all very top secret. We met two Aussies who work there a few weeks ago and interrogated the poor guys. Unsurprisingly, they didn't tell us anything about what they do. Very suspicious. My boss reckons they're watching the skies for UFOs. She honestly thinks that's what they are there for. Idiot gosssshhhh.

I also did canteen duty at the field yesterday. Too many people wanted hot dogs, hot chips and pepsi at 9 in the morning.

No comments: